Tuesday 5 September 2023

Moving on up

I have no idea where the time has gone, but suddenly my granddaughter is starting secondary school this year.

The secondary uniform seems so impossibly big and grown-up.  By the end of this year she will have changed - the increase in confidence and independence that comes with secondary school is amazing and wonderful to watch.  The other big change though is the workload and the degree of concentration that she will have to start using each day.  Substantially more real learning than she did at primary school.  Homework becomes much more real, arrives most days, and has shorter deadlines.

At the end of the day my grandchildren are growing up.  Every time they make a big giant leap, it leaves me with a lump in my throat but they need to learn to fly. 



No comments:

Post a Comment