Tuesday 6 November 2018

Happy 7th Birthday

Darling Chloe today you will wake up and discover you are seven.  You can expect seven  sloppy kisses and seven warm hugs.  It was a school day but not to worry there was cake when you arrived home and then the school very kindly organised a firework display in the evening.
These last seven years have gone by fast ….. way too fast.  And as much as I wish I could slow down time, I can't, so I have no doubt that the next seven years will be gone in a flash as well.  As you get older I'm sure we'll clash.  You won't want to always hug me in front of your friends, but no matter what, I will always be here for you.  I want you to know from your head down to your toes, just how loved you are.

Chloe is quite active and loves being outside, rain, hail or shine and I love to see her playing and using her imagination but Chloe also loves to play cards.  Rummy is one of my favourite card games too.  She uses her brain, interacts face-to-face with me and we have fun.  It's interesting to note that Rummy falls in the category of games that enhance mental fitness just like chess does!  Thank you Chloe for keeping my brain sharp!!!  Better than computer games or watching TV.  She may even make a living from playing cards in Vegas.  She is good.

Her first party was with her school friends and it was a Pizza Making Party with Pizza Express.
The children were all given chef hats with a number on to colour in.  Then they were handed a pizza base and told not to make a hole in it.  Then the chef returned with her ladle and a bowl full of tomato sauce.  One dollop per pizza which they spread across the base of their perfectly round pizza.
They had various toppings to play with and although the temptation was to whack a bit of everything on, the children knew that simplicity was key!  NO VEGETABLES.  Of course they added cheese, for no pizza is complete without cheese.  Their pizzas then returned from their stint in the oven.
The proof is in the.....pizza?
I have to say, everyone's pizza looked pretty delish and professional.  Jamie gave me a piece of his and it was absolutely everything I love in one bite.  It was simply mouth-watering and perfectly balanced.  The only thing it lacked was a nice chilled glass of Pinot Grigio.

However, there was cake, beautifully made by Caroline.
And then in the afternoon another party for family and friends, and MORE CAKE!!!!!!!!
Happy 7th birthday sweetheart.  I wish you all the love and happiness and fun in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment