Friday 1 April 2016

Easter Fun

On Good Friday we visited Kingston Lacy near Wimborne to do the Easter egg trail.
The grandchildren really enjoyed the Easter Egg hunt as it was well thought out and they got a chocolate Easter bunny at the end.  The clues took us all around the beautiful National Trust grounds and on the way the adults got to see the different parts, such as the kitchen, Japenese and other gardens.







Plenty of space for picnics.  We chose a beautiful quiet spot for a fabulous champagne picnic laid on by Gemma and Caroline.  The sun shone too.  It was wonderful.




Afterwards the children loved playing at being farmers on the toy tractors.






The next day Saturday was a very cold wet day so we went to the Bournemouth Oceanarium and then lunch at Pizza Hut.  How the weather can change in one day.

Sunday we met Caroline and family for a lovely lunch at the Beach House and then did another easter egg hunt but this time indoors.  Here are the clues.

If you're looking for your Easter basket there's something you'll need to do, look in the living room fireplace, and there you'll find a clue.  (Cuddly Easter Bunny holding the clue.  Obviously no fire lit).

If the Easter bunny left you a letter where might you find it.  (Baskets hidden by mailbox).

I have four legs but cannot walk; you sit at me when using your knife and fork.  (Dining table)

I go up and down but I don't move.  Come and find me.  (Stairs)

Cosy and warm you rest your head.  But you have to share with your Ted.  (Bed)

I'm getting dressed in my Easter best.  (Wardrobe)

I love to see my reflection - I am such a pretty egg.  (Near mirror)

The next egg will be found with ease if you get a sudden urge to sneeze.  (Box of tissues)

Soaking, soapy, sudsy bubbles, if you don't find me I will be in trouble.  (Bath)

It's cold outside, you must take note.  Look in the pocket of Grandad's coat.

It spins around, it makes me dizzy.  But when it's done my clothes feel fizzy.  (Washing machine)

You might find me hanging around the walls.  (Top of picture frame).

Scape the scraps off your plate; this machine cleans them just great.  (Dishwasher).

Our final Easter outing was to see Thomas the Tank Engine at the Watercress Line.  Another very enjoyable day.











Choo Choo and off we go.......








No comments:

Post a Comment